Thursday 24 December 2015

Merry Christmas to all...

Hey hey hey!

Merry Christmas! Well, Christmas Eve!

My kidlets have just gone to bed, and I am feeling pretty anxious right now. Tomorrow will be the first year that I haven't spent Christmas day with my kids. I will see them in the morning and then tomorrow night, but during the day, they are going to their dad's house.

I am feeling a little fragile. There have been lots of tears this week... overwhelmed to say the least. On Monday I completed my Diploma, and I was supposed to have a rent inspection on Wednesday, but the agent cancelled - at 8:55am. Far out, the effort I go to for an inspection is always over the top, but the house was freakin immaculate, so when she pulled out at the last minute, I was pissed!

Anyway, the house is clean I guess. I am volunteering at a Homeless Christmas Lunch tomorrow, something I have wanted to do for a really long time, and when it was decided that my kids would be with their dad, it was the perfect time for me to go ahead and make it happen. I needed a reason to drive away from my kids and not cry.

This year has been so dull of challenges, and my kidlets are so beautiful and wonderful and mature about all this 'family' stuff, but I think we are all very aware of the monumental shift that happened in our lived when their father left. It was unexpected and then to have another person thrown into the mix (his girlfriend) so quickly - well, that leaves a certain mark. I don't know what the new year has in store for myself and my babies, but I hope it is better than 2015.

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, I hope that you have a beautiful Christmas, and the New Year is filled with lots of love and happiness for all of us. Thank you for reading along throughout the year so far, looking forward to sharing more with you next year.

'Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment